- Information Collected and Stored Automatically
The site operator may automatically collect and store anonymous information about site visitors to make the website more useful and improve the visitor’s online experience. Anonymous information refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. We may collect the following anonymous information from you every time you access the website:
- Internet domain from which you access our website (e.g., google.com, your-company.com, bing.com)
- IP address. An IP address is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device when you use the internet. In some cases, these addresses may be individually or regionally identifiable. However, even when an IP address is identifiable, it usually takes additional effort to link a particular IP address to a specific individual. An IP address cannot be linked to a specific individual for many users.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- Date and time of access
- Pages visited
- Address of the website (if any) from which you linked to the website
Website logs may also be automatically created and used to identify visitors who seek to damage the website, use the website in unauthorized ways, or interfere with operations. Information about users who try to engage in unapproved activities may be shared with law enforcement agencies. We do not collect any personal information about a routine visitor unless they provide the information to us.
- Personal Information Collection and Use
You do not have to provide any personally identifiable information to visit this website; however, if you use the website to send us an e-mail, subscribe to a newsletter or e-mail alert, ask for information, or if you provide personally identifiable information through the website in any other way, we may collect and may maintain the information that you provide. Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are (e.g., your name, address, e-mail, electric service characteristics, dispute). In the situations described above, we may share your personally identifiable information among our staff, members, and support services (including third-party vendors) as we deem necessary. Once the information reaches the correct office, we will use it in the same manner as comparable information collected in other ways. In no event will we sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Linking to other sites
From time to time, the website may provide links to other websites not owned or controlled by us that we think might be useful or of interest to you. However, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various websites do not constitute or imply endorsement of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
- Security and Data Quality
- The site operator maintains its website and its information with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about our users. Unfortunately, nobody can fully protect computing systems against every possible hazard. We provide reasonable and appropriate security to protect against foreseeable hazards.
- Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge or permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider confidential.
- “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your passwords, user names, credit card information, or other personally identifiable information through e-mail.
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, visit Microsoft Support to obtain information on setting your cookie preferences.
If you use Google Chrome, visit Google Support to obtain information on setting your cookie preferences.
If you use Firefox, visit Mozilla Support to obtain information on setting your cookie preferences.
If you use Apple Safari, visit Apple Support to obtain information on setting your cookie preferences.
Note that if you set your preferences to disallow your device to receive cookies, we can’t provide certain features of our website to you, and you may not be able to take full advantage of all the website content.
- Uses and Disclosures
- The site operator uses its website to provide services and information to its members, employees, and members of the general public.
We may share information we collect on our website with companies that provide our company support services (such as auditors, web hosting providers, or call center service providers). These companies may need this information to perform their functions. We generally direct recipients to agree to safeguard personal information, to use it only as authorized by us, and to return it or destroy it when no longer required.
- Legal Process
We could be required to disclose personal information in response to valid legal processes, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order. Any record keeper faces this possibility. Disclosures may also be appropriate to protect our legal rights or during an emergency if physical safety is believed to be at risk. We believe that these events are unlikely, but they are possible. We will take reasonable steps to limit any of these disclosures’ scope and consequences.
- Recruiting Services
Web users can search and apply online for employment opportunities with the site operator and its affiliated companies. If you complete a job application online, provide a resume, or disclose other personal information for a recruitment activity, we may use your information in the same manner as if you applied by regular mail or in person. We will only use the information for recruiting and employment purposes. We may share information about you or your application externally to verify the information, obtain references, or other employment-related purposes.
You may voluntarily sign up to receive various newsletters, updates or alerts, and other such communications, directly or indirectly, from our staff or affiliates. By electing to receive any communication, you understand that your information will be retained by us and may be added to our contact database. Based upon your election, we may contact you directly concerning other publications or events that may be useful to you. As a recipient of any generated communications, you may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message. We will remove users requesting to unsubscribe from our contact list. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise share our subscriber lists to publications, online newsstand services, or list servers.
- Changes to this policy
We may change this statement from time to time. We encourage you to periodically reread this policy to see if there have been any changes that may affect you. This statement is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
- Children and Privacy
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy needs and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Our website does not target and is not intended to attract children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 nor send them requests for personal information.